- 2½ cups coconut water
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup medjool dates – approximate 6 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon gelatin or guar gum for vegans
- Add coconut water, coconut milk, medjool dates and lime juice into the jug of your high-powered blender. Right before blending, add gelatin to a separate bowl and mix with ¼ cup water.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the blender and blend everything on high for 30-45 seconds, or until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a glass container and freeze for an hour or refrigerate overnight. This step is imperative. The mixture needs to be cold before it goes through an ice cream maker.
- Transfer cold mixture to your ice cream maker and churn as per manufacturers directions.
- Eat immediately, or freeze for later. When ready to consume, let it sit out on the counter for a couple of minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Coconut Water: You can use fresh or packaged coconut water for this recipe, whatever is best for you.
Medjool Dates: If you’re sensitive to sugar, 10-15 drops of stevia may work well here. Coconut water is naturally pretty sweet, so you may find that you don’t have to add anything at all.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 149
- Calories from Fat: 74
- Total Fat: 8.2
- Saturated Fat: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 118 mg
- Carbs: 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Net Carbs: 15.3 g
- Sugars: 14.6 g
- Protein: 2.8 g