- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut cream – the top cream from a can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup uncontaminated quick oats or oat flakes – see note
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with 8 muffin liners. Place a couple of tablespoons of water in the unused tins to prevent your muffin pan from burning. Set aside.
- Mix oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, coconut oil, and coconut in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour,baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs, coconut sugar, coconut oil, milk and vanilla.
- Blend dry ingredients into wet and scoop a 1/4 cup at a time into prepared muffin cups.
- Spoon topping onto muffins and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack and allowing to cool for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Recipe can be made grain-free and paleo if chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds are used.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from Fat: 148
- Total Fat: 16.4
- Saturated Fat: 11.1 g
- Cholesterol: 61> mg
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Carbs: 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Net Carbs: 16 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Protein: 8.5 g