- 1 can (1 ¾ cup) full-fat coconut milk
- 1¾ cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 4 teaspoons chai spice or you can make my homemade version
- 2 bags of herbal chai tea, tea leaves removed from the bag
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon guar gum – see note
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender and blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a mason jar or glass container. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours to allow the flavors to develop and the mixture to become ready for freezing.
- Ice cream maker version: use in your ice cream maker, according to its directions.
- Freezer method: separate mixture into 4 bowls and place in the freezer for a total of 3 hours. Remove bowls from the freezer every 30-45 minutes to whisk everything together and prevent the mixture from clumping.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Feel free to use any type of tea here. I used rooibos to keep it caffeine free, but a black tea mixture can be used, too.
Note on guar gum: it is not paleo and may cause digestive issues. If you do not wish to use, it, supplement with unflavored gelatin, 1 tablespoon chia seeds or 1 handful of (soaked for 24 hours in water and drained) cashews.
To make vegan, replace the honey with coconut nectar or agave nectar
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 422
- Calories from Fat: 300
- Total Fat: 33.3
- Saturated Fat: 25.7 g
- Sodium: 19 mg
- Carbs: 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Net Carbs: 27.7 g
- Sugars: 27.3 g
- Protein: 6.5 g