- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons Vital Proteins gelatin protein
- 2 tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 55 grams cacao butter
- 2 teaspoons alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons birch-sourced, American xylitol
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Add ¼ cup of the coconut milk to a small bowl. Add the gelatin and stir to combine until completely smooth. Then, add collagen and stir again until smooth. Set aside.
- Add remaining coconut milk, cacao butter, vanilla and xylitol to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, until cacao butter is melted. Stir for 2-3 minutes for xylitol to dissolve.
- Whisk in collagen mixture. Remove from heat and whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Drop in blueberries, give a little stir. Pour into 4 small cups. I used 150mL cups. Place on a baking sheet and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Cacao Butter: is the fat from chocolate which gives this low-carb panna cotta it’s white chocolate flavor. You could also use coconut oil, but it would change the flavor slightly.
Xylitol: feel free to use your favorite sweetener here. Alcohol-free stevia would be nice. And, if you have a sugar-free pallet (ie. you’ve been doing sugar-free for a pretty long time) you may find that you don’t need to sweeten this keto dessert at all.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 271
- Calories from Fat: 224
- Total Fat: 24.9
- Saturated Fat: 20.4 g
- Sodium: 31 mg
- Carbs: 6.3 g
- Sugars: 3.3 g
- Protein: 6.1 g