- 1 medium granny smith apple, roughly chopped (yield approx. 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup roughly ground flax seed or milled flax seed
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, ground finely
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 225F and take out two large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Place apple, oil, agave and vanilla in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until apple is completely pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse just until combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Grab a piece of parchment paper about 10 inches wide. Scoop 1/2 cup of the cracker dough, roll it between your hands to make a ball, then place on one side of the parchment, in the middle.
- Fold over the parchment (like a book) and then roll the dough between the two pieces of parchment until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Fold away the top half and cut or rip it away. Score the crackers into 1-inch cubes. Keeping the crackers on their current sheet of parchment, transfer the sheet to a baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake for 1 hour and 50 minutes, flipping halfway through and removing the parchment paper. You want the end result to be crisp, crunchy with no moisture left. The edges will be slightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 16
- Calories from Fat: 10
- Total Fat: 1.1
- Carbs: 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Net Carbs: 0.8 g
- Sugars: 0.6 g
- Protein: 0.5 g