- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted – approximately 14 dates
- 1/3 cup almond meal – see note
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat groats, sprouted – approximately 1 cup sprouted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup Carob or Chocolate Chunks
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- To sprout buckwheat: place the raw buckwheat grouts in a glass container and fill with water. Place a lid on it and store it in the fridge overnight to soak. In the morning, drain and rinse, then tip the container upside down onto a kitchen towel. Allow to sit for 1 hour to make sure all of the water has escaped. Flip right side up and leave on the counter for 24 hours. At the 12 hour [or so] mark, fill with water and drain again and follow the steps above. Your buckwheat should be ready at the 24 hour mark! Spread out onto a kitchen towel to make sure most of the moisture is removed.
- To make bars: place dates, almond meal, buckwheat, coconut, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. Process until desired consistency is met. Drop mixture into a large bowl and mix in goji berries and carob chunks. Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting and push mixture into prepared pan.
- Option #1 if you don’t have a dehydrator: Place in the freezer for an hour to harden before cutting into uniform squares. Enjoy from the freezer or at room temperature.
- Option #2 if you do have a dehydrator: Place in the freezer for 10 min to set before cutting into uniform squares. Place cut bars in the dehydrator on 115F for 8-10 hours.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
you can make your own meal by pulsing ~1/2 cup almonds in the food processor until broken down – not as fine as flour
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 121
- Calories from Fat: 38
- Total Fat: 4.2
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Carbs: 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
- Net Carbs: 17.8 g
- Sugars: 14.6 g
- Protein: 1.8 g