- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup mango puree [about 1/2 of a fresh mango]
- 1 egg – see note
- 1/4 banana, diced
- 2 tablespoon dried papaya, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Prepare a 16oz. microwave safe dish by oiling with a dab of coconut oil. Set aside. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Press mixture into prepared dish and even out with fork.
- Microwave option: Place in the microwave and cook for 3 1/2 minutes. You’ll know when it’s done when it rises slightly, is harder to the touch, and pulls away from the sides of the dish. Don’t bake it too long, or you’ll have a Frisbee!
- Oven option: Place in a preheated oven at 350F and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
to make vegan, omit egg and add 1/4 cup of extra mango puree.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 439
- Calories from Fat: 114
- Total Fat: 12.7
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 164> mg
- Sodium: 68 mg
- Carbs: 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12.1 g
- Net Carbs: 54.3 g
- Sugars: 23.4 g
- Protein: 16.1 g