Chocolate-covered dairy-free ice cream on a stick. Made with just 7 healthy ingredients.
When you eat healthy, you feel better. It’s science.
The cool part? Healthy can be popsicles. Healthy can be ice cream. It’s all in the ingredients.
You could buy a “low calorie” ice cream bar made with: milk, cream, sugar, corn syrup, skim milk, whey, buttermilk, mono & diglycerides, carob bean gum, cellulose gum, carrageenan, vanilla extract, vitamin a palmitate, sugar, palm oil, whole milk powder, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, whey powder, nonfat dry milk, soy lecithin, pgpr and artificial flavor.
Or, you could make a dairy-free ice cream bar with: cashews, coconut nectar, coca powder, vanilla extract, chia seeds and coconut oil.
REAL ingredients that our bodies can actually USE.
We can change the way we indulge (and feel afterward) by using healthy recipes… aaaand look forward to::
Thing #1: Less mindless snacking (because you’re eating high-nutrient, low-calorie food that will actually keep you full)
Thing #2: More glow (increased greens, nuts, fresh fruits + veggies will boost your nutrients giving you a glowing complexion, perfect for summer!)
Thing #3: Increased happy times (you’ll feel good about treating yourself to a chocolate-dipped ice cream… on a stick. And, you’ll be happier because of it)
Thing #4: Less grocery splurges (purchasing a 4-pack of organic popsicles from the health food store won’t be your reality)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1¼ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Add cream base ingredients to the jug of your blender. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Divide cream base between the ice pop molds, filling all the way up to the fill line. Cover with ice pop tops and transfer to the freezer to chill for 8 hours.
- Once frozen, line a clean plate with parchment paper and set aside. Combine cacao powder, coconut oil, coconut nectar, vanilla and sea salt in a small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Remove ice pops, one at a time from the ice pop mold. Working quickly, hold the ice pop over a clean bowl and pour the prepared chocolate sauce over the ice pop, rotating it and allow the chocolate to pour off of the ice pop quickly. The chocolate will harden very quickly.
- Transfer the ice pop to prepared plate and place in the freezer. Repeat with remaining chocolate until all ice pops are complete.
Coconut Oil: coconut oil is used in this recipe because it hardens at room temperature. Cacao butter could also be used.
View Nutrition Information (once on page, scroll down)
No need to soak the cashews. Just blend and get your ice pop on!
Once it’s smooth, add to your favorite ice pop maker.
The hardest part is waiting 8 hours until they’re set.
After 8 hours is up, mix the chocolate coating ingredients…
And coat those dairy-free ice cream bars. The easiest way to do this is listed in the recipe. The chocolate hardens fast so you have to moooove it.