Chewy coconut cookies with shredded coconut, eggs and honey for a super-simple approach to carrot cake, cookie style!
I’ve been speaking at a bunch of nutrition chats, workshops and retreats lately. Which is SUPER rad, I love it… but I have 0 nice clothes. I haven’t gone shopping since… high school? Ya, that was like, 10 years ago. It’s not that I don’t like shopping, I just, don’t make it a priority. I would rather spend $100 on a month’s worth of kombucha than on a pair of new shoes. That? And working from home doesn’t exactly require coordinated outfits. Yoga pants, over-sized sweatshirts and a high ponytail is my go-to getup.
But I’m representing Healthful Pursuit at all of these crazy awesome events. And Healthful Pursuit doesn’t do unpretty. We’re all about celebrating our womanly gorgeousness, right? So, I bit the bullet, saved up $400, and I went SHOPPING.
… I even got matching shoes! Look at those cute moccasins!
Such a nice treat.
And another nice treat?
I highly suggest you make them, dress up fancy and head to a friends’ house to feast on cookies and feel all womanly and awesome.
To print, email or text this recipe, click here.
- 2 cups unsweetened medium shredded coconut
- 1 cup shredded carrots, approximately 2 carrots
- ½ cup finely ground almond flour
- ½ cup unpasteurized honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Shred carrots and squeeze excess liquid from the shreds by wrapping in a clean kitchen town and ringing out.
- Add all ingredients but coconut butter topping to a large bowl. Mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Using a ¼ cup, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Shape into cookies on the pan. The dough will be a bit loose, but it will hold together once baked. Repeat with remaining dough, making 10 cookies in total.
- Transfer baking sheet to preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled, drizzle each cookie with melted coconut butter.
Coconut butter - is to coconut as almond butter is to almonds. Coconut OIL is something different. Coconut oil is to coconut as olive oil is to olives.
View nutrition information (once on page, scroll down)
These cookies couldn’t be simpler to throw together. One bowl, 7-ingredients, a couple of minutes of baking. They’re very similar to my 5-Ingredient Chewy Chocolate Coconut Cookies and 5-Ingredient Chewy Vanilla Coconut Cookies.