Chewy Carrot Cake Cookies
- 2 cups unsweetened medium shredded coconut
- 1 cup shredded carrots, approximately 2 carrots
- ½ cup finely ground almond flour
- ½ cup unpasteurized honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Shred carrots and squeeze excess liquid from the shreds by wrapping in a clean kitchen town and ringing out.
- Add all ingredients but coconut butter topping to a large bowl. Mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Using a ¼ cup, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Shape into cookies on the pan. The dough will be a bit loose, but it will hold together once baked. Repeat with remaining dough, making 10 cookies in total.
- Transfer baking sheet to preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled, drizzle each cookie with melted coconut butter.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Honey – if you do not want to use honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar may work.
Coconut butter – is to coconut as almond butter is to almonds. Coconut OIL is something different. Coconut oil is to coconut as olive oil is to olives.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Calories from Fat: 116
- Total Fat: 12.8
- Saturated Fat: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 33> mg
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Carbs: 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Net Carbs: 16.7 g
- Sugars: 16.1 g
- Protein: 2.2 g