Today marked my last day at the office until the New Year and the completion of our blondies in a jar Christmas gift project.
I got to the office at 6am and hustled to get everything done so I could leave with a clear mind at the end of the day. I topped the day off with a lunch hour mental break of Vinyasa flow yoga at Sanguine yoga studio. Although it is challenging for me to get to these classes, I’m always grateful when I return to the office after class with a clear mind, heightened productivity and a positive attitude.
If you struggle with stressful days and get overwhelmed with a never ending to do list, I highly recommend heading to a yoga studio at lunch to de-stress yourself. You’ll be amazed at how much you can accomplish in the latter half of the day after giving yourself a mental break!
When I got home at around 5pm my plan was to make a quick sandwich, cuddle up on the couch, and finish reading Journey to Optimum Wellness through Sound Nutrition. But once I entered the kitchen I didn’t leave for 4 hours. Oops! Sometimes my creative juices start flowing and I just can’t stop!
Without further adieu… lets get to recipe #2 #3 with Artisana nut butters!
- Once chocolate is made (see recipe below), drop into silicon muffin molds and fill to ½ of the mold
- Move the tray around so that the walls of each individual mold is covered (note image to the right does not have chocolate on the walls. This really messed up my cups so I highly recommend you do the chocolate walls!
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes set aside
- Meanwhile, prepare flavours (see ingredients below). Each flavour will make 6 cups
- Grab the chocolate molds and place small dollops of flavour into each cup making sure that the flavours do not go past the top of the mold
- Top off each mold with chocolate (may have to reheat in hot water bath before using)
- Place coconut or cashews on the tops of each mold or leave plain
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes before removing and popping out of the mold
- Boil water and place in glass or metal mixing bowl
- In smaller bowl, combine cacao butter and vanilla. Place small bowl in mixing bowl with water and use as a “double broiler”
- Be careful not to splash water into cacao butter mixture or it will seize (you’ll know that it’s seized when the chocolate gets hard and will not melt no matter how hot you get it. I now have 5 sets of chocolate fudge because of seizing :| )
- Continue to stir cacao butter until melted. Remove from water and add cacao powder
- Continue to stir until mixed
- 2 tablespoon tofutti cream cheese
- 1.5 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Crofters strawberry jam
- Artisana cashini butter (cashews and sesame seeds – tastes similar to peanut butter)
- Crofters strawberry jam
- 3 cashews, split in half
The Leftovers: Unbaked strawberry cheesecake minis
We had a bunch of leftover strawberry cheesecake ingredients so I layered the leftovers like cheesecake in IKEA tea light cups (we use them in the kitchen for condiments and such). These are incredibly sweet so the small cup is really all you need!
Well, that just about does it for tonight. I’m incredibly full, tired, and have a very very busy day ahead of me.