Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Cookies

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Cookies

Hearty breakfast cookies made with naturally gluten-free quinoa instead of oats and packed with pureed pumpkin, maple syrup and flax seeds. It’s the ultimate sinless breakfast treat!

I love sharing my recipes with the world. Being able to do what I do, day in and day out is a huge blessing. And when I get invited to share my work with other communities outside of Healthful Pursuit? It’s just topping on the cake!

Gina, from SkinnyTaste, invited me to share my quinoa cookie recipe on her blog last week. If you’re not familiar with the quinoa cookie craze I’ve fallen victim to, check out my¬†Quinoa Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies, Quinoa Zucchini Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies, and Quinoa Banana Bread Bread Breakfast Cookies. They’re just SO good!

Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Cookies

For my recipe, go to SkinnyTaste. And I would love, love, love it if you’d leave a comment on Gina’s blog showing your Healthful Pursuit love!

TIP: Make sure you read the “recipe notes” at the bottom of the blog post for directions on how to keep the recipe gluten-free.

Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Cookies

Meg @ A Dash of Meg

I seriously want to make ALL of your quinoa recipes, babe! What do you usually have with these as a full breakfast? I am so excited! Can you even pick a favourite flavour!?

Hmmm I think my favorite is still the Carrot Cake version. Loved it with the coconut butter on top! I usually serve them with a large fruit salad with soaked seeds or as a side to some fried eggs. YERM!

Emma

Your Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Cookies are on my menu plan for later this week! I bet these pumpkin ones are awesome too.

Mmm apple pie. Yum! Let me know how you like them, Emma!

Marianne

Thank you for more yummyness :) You’re a whirlwind in the kitchen!

Thanks, Marianne! Whirlwind is right! It’s always, always a mess when I’m in it!

Brandy

i love all the new recipes with quinoa! These cookies look sooo good!

Catherine @ Chocolate & Vegetables

You really are on a roll with the breakfast cookies! These look awesome :)

ah! I know… I hope it’s not too much… they’re just SO good! I can’t stop!

Rachel

I seem to be on a Healthful Pursuit recipe kick! I had all of the ingredients for these on hand and made them last night. They are a bit too good, as my husband and I ate too many of them! I like these better than the carrot cake ones, as I don’t need to shred anything for this recipe. I love pumpkin.

I love that you’re soaking up all the Healthful Pursuit goodness! Woo! Ya, you make a good point. No shredding is always a good thing. I have a food processor that shreds beautifully but I hate cleaning it so I use a cheese grater. It takes FOREVER!

Heather @ TheSoulfulSpoon

I LOVE this recipe! I used to make something like this years ago and just kind of stopped. Thanks for giving me a reason to add them back! Going to share these with readers on my blog tomorrow!:)

Have a great day!

Jonelle

The bottoms of mine seemed to be hard compared to the rest of the cookie? Did I mess it up some how?

Hi Jonelle – you should let them sit for awhile as they firm up. They shouldn’t be overly hard, though. Did you change anything in the recipe? Did you use a silicon baking mat or parchment paper sheet?

DanaNicole

These look amazing!!! I have a pumpkin on my counter that is begging me to make these! Thank you for the recipe!