Oh do I have a treat for you today!
A lip smacking, spread over anything, hide from your spouse because it’s just that darn good kinda treat.
It’s loaded with fiber, omega-3s, helps to reduce inflammation, balance your cardiovascular system AND will keep you looking younger longer with it’s high phytonutrient and antioxidant content.
It’s also great on a spoon. Juuust like this…
Ya, I licked that spoon the minute I was done shooting, and I’m darn proud of it too.
I honestly cannot understand why I didn’t like nut butter as a kid/teenager/young adult.
I’d like to think I’m making up for lost time.
Did you like nut butter growing up?
Vanilla Almond Flax Butter
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free
Soft tones of vanilla fill this nut butter with jaw dropping flavor. Ah! I love this stuff.
- 5 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon baking mat.
- Spread the almonds out onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring once half way through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place roasted almonds, ground flax and vanilla extract into the bowl of your food processor and process until drippy, scraping the bowl as needed. This should take between 10-15 minutes.
You may have to add a couple of tablespoons of almond oil if the nut butter isn’t breaking down easily.
You may be wondering why I decided to roast the almonds at such a ridiculously low temperature.
I swear I didn’t just do it for the fun of it.
By roasting at a lower temperature you’ll avoid harming the fats in your almonds.
To read more about harming fats and the impact it has on our health, check out this post – which also happens to be one of my other favorite nut butters.
Please don’t make me decide which one I love more.
If you’re feeling all crazy but can’t come up with a way to enjoy this nut butter, try dropping a dollop in a bowl with dried currants and little pieces of apple.
And so will you ;)
In a good way, of course.
Have a fabulous Friday! I’m off to work, run at lunch, and meet up with my new chiropractor. What do you have planned for the day?