A couple of us girls at my birthday lunch chose to quench our thirst with a freshly squeezed basil lemon-limeade.
I was totally one of those girls!
Basil? Oh yes…
It was love at first sip, but man was it a challenging to recreate.
I gave up after 3 failed attempts and the peel of 15 lemons in the trash.
Have you ever tried to peel a lemon? Don’t. It’s ridiculously challenging.
Please don’t tell me there’s a tool for it. I think I’ll lose my mind?!
… is there?
I opted to go a different route. Enter the slushy [with lemon + lime juice instead of pulp]!
- ⅔ cup of sweetener like honey, agave, coconut sugar or ⅛-1/4 teaspoon white powder stevia *see note
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves + a couple extra leaves for garnish
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice [3-4 medium lemons]
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice [about 4 medium limes]
- ¼ cup not from concentrate apple juice
- 2 cup cold water
- 2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in blender and pulse until ice is broken up. Pour into glasses immediately and garnish with lime or lemon wedges and extra basil leaves.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
The basil adds so much flavor!
You better believe I’ll be serving this when Kevin’s family visits from Germany next week. I’m positive it will make a lasting first impression!
I’ve been doing a lot of meal planning in preparation for their visit; which I will share later with you in an upcoming post!
Weekly meal planning for myself has to be my favorite things, but meal planning for others can be a challenge. How do you make sure that everyone is satisfied?
Do you plan meals when you have guests staying with you for more than a couple of days?
Any dishes you think I should make to WOW them?
Last chance to enter my $100 Amazon giveawayyyy!