Nothing like a cool treat after a long day, right?
Yesterday was my last day at the office for 2 weeks, so there was countless things to wrap up. Not only that, but I had an insanely long list of things to do before I could go home:
- pick up wholesale grains [one of my goals for my 25th year] I have grains coming out of my ears now
- grab some new items from Crate & Barrel
- trade in our empty CO2 canister for Kevin’s carbonated water machine [coolest thing ever]
- finally buy a food processor! I’ve been saving up for this baby for months.
- swing by the Camera Store for a new grey card [more about the benefits of grey cards + white balance in a future photography post]
By the time I got home I was hungry, tired, and all I wanted to do was make nut butter.
Instead of having nut butter and ice cream for dinner, I opened up a can of chickpeas, mashed it up with some raw veggies, hard boiled egg, and called it a day.
Then I had ice cream.
Raspberry Lavender Ice Cream
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Refined sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free
Naturally sweet ice cream with lavender, vanilla, and raspberries.
- 3 cups lite coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 6 medjool dates, pitted or 2 pinches of white powdered stevia
- 2 tsp edible lavender flowers
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth.
Freezer style: pour into 2 freezer safe bowls and place in the freezer for at total of 1.5-2 hours, removing every 30 minutes to whisk so that it doesn’t set into an ice cube. When it gets to a soft serve ice cream consistency it’s done!
Ice cream maker style: place mixture in your ice cream maker and allow to churn until desired consistency is met. If you’re like us and can’t wait, serve straight from the ice cream maker. If you have patience, place the ice cream in a freezer safe container and allow to freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
Makes 2 servings.
I’ve had so much honey in the last couple of days that I used dates as a sweetener, but honey would have been really good in this.
I topped my bowl with granola, raisins, chocolate, and flax seeds.
Happy Friday everyone