I’m back! Boy, did I miss you guys [and my kitchen]. Don’t let that fool you though, I still cooked up a storm while we were away.
I am [still] uploading all of our pictures and videos from the trip, and plan to share them with you tomorrow.
I managed to make these snack bars a couple of days before the family arrived. The plan was to take them along with us in our travels so we would avoid stopping for snacks at various gas stations.
Thankfully, it worked!
We saved our tummies and our wallets!
These bars also double as a great breakfast in a bowl with milk, nut butter, and fruit.
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour – processed groats in my coffee grinder
- ¼ cup buckwheat grouts
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1¼ cup non-dairy milk – I used almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed [about 3 bananas]
- ¼ cup coconut/coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line 8×8 pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flours, whole buckwheat, chia, hemp, cinnamon, baking powder, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, eggs, mashed banana, sugar, ground flax, and vanilla. Once incorporated, pour into dry ingredients. Stir until combined before adding in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and even out with a fork. Sprinkle walnuts over top.
- Bake for 45-50min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. [Mine took 50 minutes].
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and allowing to cool on a wire rack for an additional 10-15minutes.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
Okay, off to spin class before I tackle a weeks worth of cabin laundry.