- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise at 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup sultana raisins
- 1/3 cup cooked white beans, mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons raw pine nuts, toasted and divided
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Coat with olive oil, spreading the oil on all of the zucchini slices with your fingers.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and place in the oven set to high broil. Broil for 10 minutes, or until zucchini is slightly charred. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place pine nuts in a small pan and set in the heated oven with the broil set to low and toast for 5 minutes, until lightly brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add half of the toasted pine nuts once they’ve cooled. Mash with a fork until fully combined.
- Once zucchini has cooled, place 1 strip on a clean plate. Then, place a tablespoon or so of the bean mixture at the larger end of the zucchini. Roll up as you would a California roll.
- Lay on a second plate either on it’s side or standing up.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini strips and serve with a sprinkle of remaining toasted pine nuts.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 54
- Calories from Fat: 18
- Total Fat: 2
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Carbs: 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Net Carbs: 5.5 g
- Sugars: 1.4 g
- Protein: 2.7 g