Creamy Curry Sauce
- ¾ cup non-dairy yogurt
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, homemade or store-bought
- 2 teaspoons coconut nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 4 carrots, steamed
- ½ red onion, sliced and steamed
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup spiralized zucchini (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Add all creamy curry sauce ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or blender and blend until smooth. For best results, cover and refrigerate overnight. If that’s not an option it can be used after sitting in the fridge for 30 minutes or so, I just found it tasted even better when left to sit.
- Steam broccoli, carrots and red onion for 3-4 minutes, until broccoli is bright green.
- Remove from steamer and place on a bed of bean sprouts and zucchini. Top with cooked chickpeas and a drizzle of creamy curry sauce.
- For extra protein, add 1 tablespoon shelled hemp seeds to each bowl.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 277
- Calories from Fat: 55
- Total Fat: 6.1
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 255 mg
- Carbs: 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.8 g
- Net Carbs: 32.1 g
- Sugars: 9 g
- Protein: 19.9 g