- 2 cans of lite coconut milk
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- handful of raw spinach
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Combine all ingredients but cacao nibs in blender until smooth.
- Freezer style: pour into 2 freezer safe bowls, stir in the cacao nibs, and place in the freezer for at total of 1.5-2 hours, removing every 30 minutes to whisk so that it doesn’t set into an ice cube. When it gets to a soft serve ice cream consistency it’s done!
- Ice cream maker style: place mixture in your ice cream maker, drop in cacao nibs and allow to churn until desired consistency is met. If you’re like us and can’t wait, serve straight from the ice cream maker. If you have patience, place the ice cream in a freezer safe container and allow to freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
try adding 1/4 cup cashews to the blender to make the ice cream a bit “creamier”
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from Fat: 109
- Total Fat: 12.1
- Saturated Fat: 10.6 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Carbs: 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
- Net Carbs: 33.1 g
- Sugars: 24.8 g
- Protein: 4.1 g