- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup roughly chopped parsnip
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley root, or additional parsnip
- 1 tablespoon white cooking wine
- 1½ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Add minced garlic and olive oil to a medium saucepan and saute on medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add chopped cauliflower, parsnip and parsley root. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add cooking wine, continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add non-dairy milk, cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 6-7 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Pour cooked vegetable mix into the bowl of your food processor or blender. Add remaining ingredients and puree until ultra smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups of dairy-free Alfredo sauce
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you do not have access to parsnips or parsley root, I’m sure additional cauliflower could be used.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 145
- Calories from Fat: 36
- Total Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 9> mg
- Sodium: 246 mg
- Carbs: 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.6 g
- Net Carbs: 20.8 g
- Sugars: 2.9 g
- Protein: 11.6 g