- 1/2 cup egg-free light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup raw white quinoa
- 1 cup small cubed sweet potato
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1-1/2 cup black beans
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- ½ cup pepitas, soaked for 8 hours, drained and rinsed (soaking optional)
- 4 green onions, diced
- Add dressing ingredients to the jug of your blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place quinoa in a medium-sized saucepan with 2 cups of water. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for 10 minutes. Remove lid and place int the freezer to cool while you prepare everything else.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add diced sweet potatoes and boil for 5-6 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Prepare remaining ingredients, placing them in a large bowl when complete.
- Add cooled quinoa and yam to vegetable mixture. Pour dressing over top.
- Stir to coat, and serve!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 364
- Calories from Fat: 118
- Total Fat: 13.1
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 238 mg
- Carbs: 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.6 g
- Net Carbs: 40.5 g
- Sugars: 3.7 g
- Protein: 14.3 g