- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (700 grams) cauliflower florets – 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Add oil, onion, salt and pepper to a large saucepan. Saute on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, adding a couple of tablespoons of water throughout the process to avoid from burning.
- Add cauliflower and milk. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 10 minutes, or until florets are soft.
- Add in half of the broccoli.
- Pour mixture into the jug of your high-powered blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Return to pot.
- Stir in remaining broccoli and onion powder. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Onion Powder – it’s so, so absolutely necessary that you add in the onion powder to this recipe! It definitely, definitely makes it. Do it. Do it!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 123
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 3.9
- Sodium: 678 mg
- Carbs: 19 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g
- Net Carbs: 11.5 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 6.5 g