- ½ cup raw quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves
- ¼ cup dried currants
- ¼ cup roughly ground sunflower kernels
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon himalayan rock salt
- 2 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 flax egg – 1 tablespoon freshly ground flax mixed with 2 tablespoon warm water and allowed to sit for 5 minutes – see note
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Cover and cook on high heat until boiling, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 12 minutes. Once complete, remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the next 6 ingredients in a medium frying pan and cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add all ingredients – cooked quinoa, sauteed onions, and remaining ingredients to the bowl of your food processor. Pulse 4-6 times until everything is combined and broken down slightly.
- Shape mixture into burgers and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes so the patties hold together nicely.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 156
- Calories from Fat: 66
- Total Fat: 7.3
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Carbs: 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
- Net Carbs: 13.8 g
- Sugars: 2.2 g
- Protein: 5.9 g