- 8 cups popped corn
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place popcorn and raisins in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to simmer until thick, about 3 minutes. Any more than this and the mixture will become taffy-like and be impossible to work with. You want to remove it from the heat just before it begins to smell charred or burnt.
- Remove from heat and quickly drizzle over popcorn mixture.
- You have to work quick with this next step, but avoid being burned by the hot sugar mix. Fluff it around with your hands until most is covered, then when it’s cooled slightly (a couple of seconds is all it needs), begin to work into balls.
- Press mixture firmly together, the sugar is very sticky so it will stick, you just have to press it together.
- If there are extra raisins at the bottom of the bowl afterward, wedge them into the sides of the balls.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 154
- Calories from Fat: 9
- Total Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 694 mg
- Carbs: 36 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Net Carbs: 34.5 g
- Sugars: 26.4 g
- Protein: 1.4 g