Cream Cheese Base
- 1/3 cup raw cashew halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons unpasteurized honey or coconut nectar
- ¾ teaspoons coconut flour
Blueberry Chia Compote
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add cream cheese ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide mixture amongst two tea light candle holders or small parfait cups. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, place blueberries and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes until liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in chia seeds, remove from heat and allow blueberry mixture to cool.
- Spoon blueberry compote over the cheese layer and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
This recipe makes 2 servings. If you’re using a vitamix or large blender to make this recipe, I suggest you double up on the recipe so that the blades of the blender are able to reach the ingredients easily.
Feel free to replace honey with any type of sweetener – stevia, agave, coconut nectar if you’re a vegan that doesn’t do honey or you’re sensitive to it…
THE CHILL TIME ALLOWS THE VINEGAR AND FLAVORS TO DEVELOP PROPERLY. Highly suggest letting this sit for 4 hours as suggested.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 250
- Calories from Fat: 115
- Total Fat: 12.8
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Carbs: 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g
- Net Carbs: 22.9 g
- Sugars: 14.7 g
- Protein: 6.3 g