- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe peach, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/4 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cup organic peaches, mashed (~4 medium-sized peaches)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon freshly ground flax seed + 4 tablespoon water, combine and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted plus extra for greasing
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You’ll want to use parchment for this as the peaches get really juicy and sticky. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add oil, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla. Once completely mixed, add sliced peaches and coat. Spread peaches onto prepared baking sheet.
- Roast until peaches are tender and cooking liquid is syrupy, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- With the oven still at 400F, place almonds on baking sheet and toast for 4-5 minutes, rotating once. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Reset oven temperature to 350F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper so that it’s draping over both sides for easy lifting. Grease any exposed corners with a dab of coconut oil.
- Mash raw peaches with a fork until you have a chunky mixture. If it’s challenging to mash with a fork, pulse with a food processor or blender briefly, just to break down. Do not make into puree!
- Add brown and white rice flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients – mashed peaches, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax mixture, extracts, and melted coconut oil.
- Add wet to dry and mix with a hand mixer until just combined. Stir in toasted almonds.
- Drop mixture into prepared loaf pan and top with roasted peaches. Bake for 65-75 minutes (mine took 70 minutes) or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 185
- Calories from Fat: 41
- Total Fat: 4.6
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 591 mg
- Carbs: 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Net Carbs: 31 g
- Sugars: 15.5 g
- Protein: 2.9 g