- ½ white onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- ½ avocado flesh, mashed
- 1 tablespoon finely diced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from ½ lime
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 3 (15 grams) corn chips, crumbled
- Add sliced onion and water to a medium-sized saucepan. Heat on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, until onions are softened.
- Add chickpeas and taco seasoning and reduce heat to medium. Cook uncovered for another 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, add guacamole ingredients to a small bowl and mash with a fork to combine. Set aside.
- Pile all of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Top with guacamole and taco “meat”.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
This recipe serves 1 person. Feel free to double up on the recipe if you need to feed more.
I used chickpeas because they hold well together when pan-frying. Feel free to use whatever you have on hand. Edamame may be really good, too!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 400
- Calories from Fat: 187
- Total Fat: 20.8
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 449 mg
- Carbs: 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 15.9 g
- Net Carbs: 33.3 g
- Sugars: 10.9 g
- Protein: 10.6 g