- 4 cups water
- 280 grams hulled and sliced strawberries (about 14 large strawberries)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add water, strawberries, sugar and vanilla to a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add shredded coconut. Stir and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add mixture into the jug of your high powered blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Stop the blender, fasten your nut milk bag to the top of the jug of your blender and pour the milk through the bag and into a large bowl. Once all the liquid is removed from the jug, allow it to run through the bag. Squeeze the bag with your hands until all liquid has been pressed through. Set the fiber in the bag aside.
- Drink immediately or store in the fridge. Should be used in 3-4 days after making for best flavor and texture. Since there are no preservatives or fillers, the “cream” of the coconut milk may separate on the top if stored in the fridge. Just shake or stir before drinking.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Natural food coloring can be added. I used 6 drops of this. You could also use beet juice!
I’ve heard that paint bags from the hardware store work well as a replacement to nut milk bags but I have not tried it.
To make sugar-free, stevia or xylitol could be used. I have not tested the amounts, so feel free to have fun with it and share your findings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 318
- Calories from Fat: 198
- Total Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 19 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Carbs: 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g
- Net Carbs: 20.8 g
- Sugars: 18.2 g
- Protein: 2.5 g