- 1 – 19 oz. can black beans, made fresh or canned – drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted + extra for greasing
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder + extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 teaspoon green stevia leaf powder or 1/8 teaspoon white stevia powder see note
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips – I used Enjoy Life chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 6 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch stevia see note
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil, then dust with cacao powder. Flip the pan over and tap out excess cocao powder, set upright and set aside.
- Place the black beans, coconut sugar, eggs, coconut oil, cocao, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth, pulsing and scraping down the sides of the bowl to ensure all the beans are completely pureed.
- Remove the blade and gently stir in the coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Drop mixture into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 15-18 [mine took 15 minutes] minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine frosting ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from pan and placing on a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
- Place frosting in a sandwich bag and cut 1 of the bottom tips off, gently push the frosting to the tip and frost the cupcakes!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 114
- Calories from Fat: 72
- Total Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 16> mg
- Sodium: 136 mg
- Carbs: 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Net Carbs: 7.2 g
- Sugars: 4.8 g
- Protein: 2.2 g