- 1 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon whole chia seeds
- 1 cup dried mango, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried papaya, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried figs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse quinoa by placing it in a strainer and running it under water for 1 minute. Transfer for a medium sized saucepan, add water and cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 20-25 minutes. Don’t remove the lid while cooking. Once complete, remove lid and set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, eggs, and chia in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa with the coconut milk mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Press firmly into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Slide out of pan and continue to cool for another 40 minutes before cutting.
- Cut with a sharp knife.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
These bars are great but can get a little bit messy. The longer they sit, the firmer they’ll get. Or, stick them in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 215
- Calories from Fat: 91
- Total Fat: 10.1
- Saturated Fat: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 31> mg
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Carbs: 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
- Net Carbs: 24.3 g
- Sugars: 15.2 g
- Protein: 4.8 g