- 1 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion (Vidalia)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups roughly ground flax seeds or milled flax seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, ground fine
- Preheat oven to 225F and take out two large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Place onion, garlic, oil, thyme, salt and pepper in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until onion is completely pureed.
- Add flax seeds and ground sunflower seeds and pulse just until combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Grab a piece of parchment paper about 10 inches wide. Scoop 1/2 cup of the cracker dough, roll it between your hands to make a ball, then place on one side of the parchment, in the middle.
- Fold over the parchment (like a book) and then roll the dough between the two pieces of parchment until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Fold away the top half and cut or rip it away. Score the crackers into 1-inch cubes. Keeping the crackers on their current sheet of parchment, transfer the sheet to a baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake for 2 hours, flipping halfway through and removing the parchment paper. The baking time will vary greatly on how thick/thin you make the crackers. You want the end result to be crisp, crunchy with no moisture left.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Makes 75 crackers, 5 crackers per serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 88
- Calories from Fat: 72
- Total Fat: 8
- Sodium: 32 mg
- Carbs: 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Net Carbs: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2.7 g