- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/4-inch thick coins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 brick goat milk feta cheese (to make dairy-free, replace with 1/3 cup shredded vegan cheese)
- 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F and set aside a small baking sheet.
- Add sweet potato coins, oil and thyme to the sheet and cover each coin in the oil and thyme.
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove aluminum foil and top coins with cheese and pine nuts.
- Return to the oven, uncovered. Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes, until cheese has melted and pine nuts are toasted.
- Transfer slices to a plate and serve as is, or sprinkle with a touch of fresh parsley and sea salt.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 189
- Total Fat: 21.1
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 33> mg
- Sodium: 570 mg
- Carbs: 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Net Carbs: 18.2 g
- Sugars: 7.7 g
- Protein: 8.4 g