- 2 cups fresh basil – worked out to be about 3 (40g) packs of basil
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, soaked over night, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of your processor and pulse with the “S” blade just until chunky. You can either continue processing for a smoother spread; similar to pesto, or stop while there’s still chunks of almonds. I like it a bit chunky.
- The spread is thick, still relatively chunky, and served best with crackers, a slice of fresh bread, or combined with a simple warm bowl of quinoa and fresh herbs.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Honey: Omit completely if you want to lower the sugar content of this recipe. Alternatively, you could use 1-2 drops alcohol-free stevia.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from Fat: 58
- Total Fat: 6.5
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 42 mg
- Carbs: 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Net Carbs: 1.7 g
- Sugars: 1.3 g
- Protein: 1.4 g