- 1.5 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil + 2 teaspoon for toasting
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of whole pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- pinch Himalayan rock salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line a 9×13 cookie pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- heat 2 teaspoon coconut oil in a cast iron pan on medium heat. Add almond slivers and pecans. Reduce heat to medium-low and toast for 2-3 minutes, rotating frequently (about every 20 seconds) to prevent from burning. Remove from heat and sprinkle with Himalayan rock salt. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut butter with coconut oil in a double broiler or in a large metal bowl over top a saucepan filled with water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add extracts, roasted pecans and almonds. Mix well.
- Drop onto prepared cookie sheet and spread the mixture into a thin layer.
- Press the shredded coconut onto the top.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes or so. Remove and break into random pieces.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
You could add cacao nibs or goji berries for a festive touch!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 204
- Calories from Fat: 178
- Total Fat: 19.8
- Saturated Fat: 12.6 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Carbs: 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.2 g
- Net Carbs: 2.7 g
- Sugars: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.4 g