- 1/2 cup almond slivers, crushed
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup earth balance or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup organic strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Combine almond flour, quinoa flakes, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Whisk until lumps are broken down and ingredients combined. Set aside.
- Add honey, earth balance, egg, and extracts to a large bowl. Mix with an electric hand mixer. Once combined, add the dry ingredients to wet and mix until incorporated. The dough will be quite sticky and lose. Don’t worry, it’s supposed to be like this.
- Place crushed almond slivers on a plate. Spoon 1.5 tablespoon or so into your hand and roll into a ball. Place ball on the almond slivers and put it down into a patty. Flip it over, and do it to the other side.
- Place the cookie on the cookie sheet and, make a little nest in the cookie with your thumb. Be sure not to push all the way through the cookie.
- Leave 2 inches between each cookie to allow them to grow in the oven!
- Bake for 15-18 minutes [mine were perfectly baked at 17 minutes].
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 360
- Calories from Fat: 204
- Total Fat: 22.7
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 14> mg
- Sodium: 129 mg
- Carbs: 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Net Carbs: 28 g
- Sugars: 19.7 g
- Protein: 2.5 g