- 1 egg
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ½ cup frozen edamame – see note
- ½ cup fresh corn – see note
- 1 leek, diced (white part only)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cook edamame and corn by boiling water in a medium-sized saucepan. Add edamame and corn, boil for 4 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix with hands until incorporated.
- Measure 4oz. or a heaping ? cup for each serving and place each on prepared baking sheet.
- Cook patties in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 180F.
- Serve with steamed veggie salad (below) or stuff into a gluten-free wrap or burger bun.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you practicing food combining and don’t want to add the edamame, feel free to replace with additional veggies – peppers, onion, zucchini would work well. If you’re allergic to corn, feel free to replace with additional veggies – peas, peppers or omit completely.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 7.7
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 92> mg
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Carbs: 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Net Carbs: 5 g
- Sugars: 1.4 g
- Protein: 17.2 g