- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 small sweet potato, diced – yield ~1/4 cup
- 1/4 fennel bulb, sliced – yield ~1/3 cup
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup cooked millet
- 1/3 cup cooked lentils
- To cook the millet, rinse and drain 1/4 cup raw millet before placing it in a small saucepan. Cover with 2/3 cup water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat. Then reduce heat to low. Cook gently without stirring for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, onion, sweet potato, and fennel in a medium saucepan on medium-low heat. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring often until sweet potatoes are tender.
Non-power blender version: Add vegetable stock to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour in your food processor or blender. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth.
Power blender version (like blendtec or vitamix): Drop sauteed vegetables in blender with all other ingredients. Turn blender on low, progressing to high and run for 2-3 minutes until soup is hot.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 423
- Calories from Fat: 149
- Total Fat: 16.5
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 863 mg
- Carbs: 53 g
- Dietary Fiber: 13.7 g
- Net Carbs: 39.3 g
- Sugars: 6.3 g
- Protein: 16.3 g