- 1 pound (453 grams) chicken liver
- Filtered water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) coconut oil
- 1 cup (105 grams) chopped leek, green part only
- 1 sprig (3 grams) fresh rosemary, removed from the stem
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) grey sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Place the livers in a glass dish with water and apple cider vinegar and soak for 12-24 hours.
- When ready to cook, strain the livers and place in a cast iron pan with coconut oil, leeks, rosemary and salt.
- Cover and cook on medium-low for 10 minutes, or until livers are cooked through, but slightly pink on the inside. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooked liver and all juices to your high-powered blender. Add balsamic vinegar and ground pepper. Blend until very, very smooth.
- Transfer to a mason jar and store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Best if served a day or two after making.
- 1 serving is approx. 4 tablespoons
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 162
- Calories from Fat: 95
- Total Fat: 10.5
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 319> mg
- Sodium: 143 mg
- Carbs: 2.3 g
- Protein: 14.1 g