- 1/2 cup water
- 1 rooibos tea bag
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon demerara, coconut or date sugar
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon homemade chai spice + more for sprinkling
- Place the water and tea bag in a small saucepan, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Add non-dairy milk, sugar and spices. Bring back to a simmer, just until it’s heated. This will ensure that you don’t get the milk film over top of your chai.
- Allow to sit for a couple of minutes before removing the bag, pouring into a large mug and sprinkling with extra chai spice if desired.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 40
- Total Fat: 4.4
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Carbs: 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Net Carbs: 23 g
- Sugars: 18.6 g
- Protein: 8.1 g