- ¼ cup (50 grams) cacao butter
- ¼ cup grass-fed ghee or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons no-sugar sunflower butter or sugar-free smooth nut butter
- 2 teaspoons ground vanilla bean, optional
- 8 drops alcohol-free stevia, optional
- ¼ cup Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or Collagen Protein Beef Gelatin
- Add cacao butter, ghee, sunflower butter, vanilla bean and stevia to a small saucepan. Melt ingredients on low heat.
- Meanwhile, add Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or Collagen Protein Beef Gelatin to a small dish. Scoop about 3 tablespoons of the hot oils into the bowl with gelatin and stir to combine, until smooth. Drop mixture into saucepan. Remove from heat and whisk until combined.
- Pour completed mixture into square silicon molds. Transfer to the freezer to chill for 1-2 hours. Keep them stored in an airtight container until ready to use (up to 2 months)
- When ready to enjoy, drop the block into a mug, cover with freshly brewed coffee or tea and use a milk frother (this IKEA one is the best, and so inexpensive!) to blend the ingredients.
- Makes 4 blocks for 4 coffees.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Travel: if you’re planning on traveling with these blocks for days on end, your best bet is to replace the ghee with more cacao butter. It’s the most solid of all options. Another option is to add the blocks to individual small mason jars and traveling with these.
Ghee: it’s not dairy-free, entirely. It’s free from whey, but will still have casein. You can use coconut oil in its place.
Cacao butter: is the caffeine-free fat from chocolate. It is very solid at room temperature, making it fabulous for this recipe.
MCT oil: doesn’t solidify making it horrible for this recipe.
Peptides vs. Gelatin: you can use either product for this recipe. I find a lot of people have the protein (gelatin) at home and; aside from jello jigglers, aren’t sure what to do with it. So, this is a good recipe for it!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 288
- Total Fat: 32
- Saturated Fat: 17.2 g
- Cholesterol: 33> mg
- Sodium: 41 mg
- Carbs: 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Net Carbs: 0.7 g
- Protein: 9.4 g