- ¾ cup raw Bob’s Red Mill Quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- ½ cup freshly ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil, or melted coconut oil, or walnut oil, or… any kind of oil you want, really!
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded carrot, lightly packed, wrap in a clean kitchen towel and ring out extra juices
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut butter
- Add quinoa and water to a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Once complete, remove from the stove, remove lid and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl. Then, measure 1½ cups of the cooked quinoa and add to the dry ingredients. Stir to coat, until all quinoa granules are covered in the mixture. Set aside.
- Add all wet ingredients to a small bowl and stir well.
- Pour into bowl with dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in raisins and shredded carrots.
- One tablespoon at a time, scoop mixture onto prepared baking sheet, leaving a small space between each cookie. They will not spread out, so you can keep the cookies close. Lightly form each cookie, as you’d like them to come out. I flattened them slightly between my palms.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and allowing them to cool for a couple of hours. Because cooked quinoa was used in this recipe, the longer you leave it to cool, the firmer it will become. Leave it be and it will transform!
- Drizzle with melted coconut butter and serve. These cookies can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 88
- Calories from Fat: 25
- Total Fat: 2.8
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Carbs: 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Net Carbs: 10.8 g
- Sugars: 5.3 g
- Protein: 2.2 g