- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup not from concentrate apple juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar, optional
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice – see note
- Topping: melted coconut butter, optional
- Prepare a 16oz. microwave/oven safe dish by oiling with a dab of coconut oil. Set aside. Drop all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Press mixture into prepare dish and even out with fork.
- Microwave option: Place in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. You’ll know when it’s done when it rises slightly, is harder to the touch, and pulls away from the sides of the dish. Don’t bake it too long, or you’ll have a Frisbee!
- Oven option: Place in a preheated oven at 350F and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 1 minute before tipping over onto a plate and drizzling with coconut butter. Or, prepare in jar as I did with this version.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you don’t have pumpkin spice, you can use: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon all spice instead.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 325
- Calories from Fat: 79
- Total Fat: 8.8
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Carbs: 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12 g
- Net Carbs: 42.1 g
- Sugars: 10.7 g
- Protein: 10.6 g