- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves (7-8 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons split peas
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 green chili chopped or chili flakes to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- In a medium pan, add oil and heat on medium.
- After half a minute, add mustard seeds and let them start to crackle.
- Add curry leaves carefully and mix.
- Add the split peas, chili and onions and cook on medium-low heat for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden.
- Add the turmeric and salt and mix,
- Add the potatoes, 2-3 Tablespoons of water, mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 12-14 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes until potatoes are done.
- You can also use boiled potatoes to reduce the cook time. Add boiled potatoes in the onion mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes and serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 226
- Calories from Fat: 26
- Total Fat: 2.9
- Sodium: 597 mg
- Carbs: 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9 g
- Net Carbs: 35.1 g
- Sugars: 4.7 g
- Protein: 7.2 g