- 12 oz. package of DeLallo gluten-free corn and rice orzo
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook until tender but still firm, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic to pan and saute for 1 minute. Add chopped portobello and cook until tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- Combine broth and arrowroot starch in a small bowl; stir until well blended. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add milk, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper flakes. Continue to stir until warmed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in mint and black pepper. Add pasta mixture to broth mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 368
- Calories from Fat: 51
- Total Fat: 5.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 353 mg
- Carbs: 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Net Carbs: 63.4 g
- Sugars: 5 g
- Protein: 11.6 g