Pea-not Chocolate Butter
- 1/2 cup sunbutter
- 2 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 3 tablespoon cacao powder
- 5 drops stevia concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 100g cacao paste or unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup xylitol, ground – see note
- ½ cup cacao powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
- 25 drops stevia concentrate
- To make chocolate butter: place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and combine until fully incorporated. If the sunflower butter that you purchase is quite oily naturally, omit the grapeseed oil. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil, unsweetened chocolate, pea-not chocolate butter and powdered xylitol. Stir until smooth.
- Add half of the cacao powder and stir until fully combined.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract and stevia.
- Chill mixture until firm but still scoop-able, about 3 hours in the fridge.
- Place remaining cacao powder in a large dish. Set aside.
- Scoop into 1-inch balls, rolling between palms to form. Place complete ball in cacao powder dish. Hold the dish in your hand and move it back and forth in a circular motion to move the chocolate ball around in the powder. Keep the ball in the dish and repeat with remaining truffle mixture.
- Once complete, place back in the fridge to harden up slightly. If they are melted too much, the cacao powder gets sucked up and looses it’s powdery outside.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To grind your xylitol, place in a coffee grinder and run for a couple of seconds. Not grinding the xylitol will result in xyltiol crystals throughout your truffles. No good!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 218
- Calories from Fat: 193
- Total Fat: 21.5
- Saturated Fat: 11.7 g
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Carbs: 9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Net Carbs: 6 g
- Protein: 4.1 g