- ¾ cup coarsely chopped sweet onion (Vidalia)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ¼ cup roughly ground flax seeds or milled flax seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, ground fine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), halved and thinly sliced, then well washed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 asparagus spears, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 225F and lightly oil 6, 3-inch tart pans with a dab of coconut oil. Place each on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, oil, thyme, salt and pepper to the bowl of your food processor. Process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and process until mixed through. Transfer mixture to each tart pan and mold into the pans, pressing up the edges. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. When finished, remove from the oven and set aside. Adjust oven to 350F.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a medium-sized frying pan on medium heat. Add leek, asparagus, salt and pepper and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, coconut milk and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Transfer cooked asparagus mixture to the cooked crust, then pour egg mixture over top. Cook in 350F oven for 30-35 minutes until tops are lightly brown. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Full-fat coconut milk: if you are concerned with the fat content of this recipe, you can replace full-fat coconut milk with lite coconut milk or another dairy-free milk of your choice.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 335
- Calories from Fat: 262
- Total Fat: 29.1
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 124> mg
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Carbs: 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.1 g
- Net Carbs: 5.8 g
- Sugars: 3.6 g
- Protein: 11.6 g