- 375 grams (approximately 15 strips) smoked ham bacon
- 0.75kg (1.6lbs) extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup (approximately 2 small) diced onion
- 1 cup (approximately 3 sticks/ribs) diced celery
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons no-salt seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Mashed Cauliflower Topping
- 2 heads of cauliflower, florets removed from stem
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven for 350F and set aside a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Add bacon and beef to a large pot and cook on medium-high until beef is no longer pink.
- Add carrots, onion and celery. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes.
- Add chicken broth, starch, no-salt seasoning, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to coat and continue to cook for 3 minutes, until thickened.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and flatten out with the back of a spatula.
- Meanwhile, add water to a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower florets and boil for 20 minutes, until softened.
- Drain the water, transfer the cauliflower back to the pot, and mash with a potato masher. Add coconut oil, garlic powder, pepper and onion salt. Mash until super smooth and amazing.
- Top the meat layer with the mashed cauliflower and spread evenly. Top with egg white and, using the prongs of a fork, fluff up the top, incorporating the egg white to each bit of the top of the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes OR cover and allow to sit in the fridge for up to 24 hours until you’re ready to bake.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 259
- Calories from Fat: 89
- Total Fat: 9.8
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 77> mg
- Sodium: 976 mg
- Carbs: 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Net Carbs: 8.4 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 30.6 g