- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder or 1 teaspoon regular baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup xylitol or coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon liquid stevia
- ½ cup tahini
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- To roast the sweet potato: preheat oven to 425F. Place sweet potato in preheated oven and roast for 25-35 minutes, depending on the size of the potato. Once soft, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the skin and mashing.
- Reset oven to 325F and line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper draping over both sides for easy lifting. Alternatively, you can use a dab of coconut oil to oil the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine, set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate, smaller bowl. Pour wet ingredients in to dry. Mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, is using.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking sheet and transfer to preheated oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Tahini: if you cannot have sesame, feel free to replace with any nut or seed butter of your choice. Ensure, however, that the butter is quite liquidy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 209
- Calories from Fat: 82
- Total Fat: 9.1
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 121 mg
- Carbs: 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Net Carbs: 34 g
- Sugars: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g