- 2 1/3 cups puffed amaranth, puffed millet or puffed quinoa
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats (not toasted)
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- ½ cup homemade sunflower seed butter
- Lightly oil a 13×9 pan with a dab of coconut oil and set aside.
- Add puffed cereal, buckwheat, raisins, flax and cinnamon to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add coconut nectar and sunflower butter to a medium-sized saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbles form. Then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour sunflower butter mixture into cereal mix and rotate with a spoon until covered.
- Drop into prepared pan, press down firmly and even out with your hands or the back of a spatula. The harder you press, the better your bars will be!
- Place the pan in the fridge for one hour. Remove, cut into bars and serve.Can be served at room temperature and hold together nicely.
- Best stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 158
- Calories from Fat: 45
- Total Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Carbs: 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Net Carbs: 23.9 g
- Sugars: 11.8 g
- Protein: 4.3 g