- 1 cup (1 can) full-fat coconut milk, cream only or coconut cream
- ½ cup smooth no sugar almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free stevia
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 125 grams (1 ½ cups approx.) Vanilla Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+
- 2/3 cup ground almonds or hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- To remove the cream from the coconut milk, place can in the fridge for at least 24 hours (I like to keep a couple of cans in the fridge for quick access). Flip upside down, open with a can opener drain out the liquid, leaving you with the coconut cream.
- Add wet ingredients to a large bowl. Stir to mix. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine fully. Drop into the wet mixture and stir with a large spoon until fully incorporated. The mixture should be like dough, you may have to mix with your hands.
- Line a 13×9 pan with parchment paper draping from all sides. Press the dough into the pan and spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into squares. Drizzle each individual with melted chocolate and sprinkle with hemp hearts. Serve immediately, or right from the freezer.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Keep Nut-free: use the sunflower seed butter and hemp heart recommendations above.
Stevia: if you don’t like stevia, feel free to use your favorite sweetener here. Vanilla Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ is lightly sweetened with stevia, so there’s a bit of sweetness coming from it already.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 139
- Calories from Fat: 91
- Total Fat: 10.2
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Carbs: 6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Net Carbs: 4.5 g
- Sugars: 0.7 g
- Protein: 8.3 g